Friday, May 24, 2013

Lessons from David

David, just a teenager, was asked by his father to take food to his brothers, who were in the midst of a battle with the enemy, the Philistines.  When David's father asked him to go, to leave his sheep, the thing the Lord had given him to do, he didn't just leave.  He left them with a keeper.

This reminds me, Julia, of being asked to step out in wherever God leads, for me, now, on the worship team, but to never leave the people whom God has given me, to never forget, they are my first priority.  This means I make provision for them as I'm gone.  I keep them first in my prayers.  I don't forget.  I choose to spend time with them first.  God, Husband, Children, Work, Ministry-always this order, Julia.  Get this right and it will immediately give the answer to hundreds of questions.

This quote:  (from My Utmost for His Highest)
*At your peril, you allow one thing to obscure your inner communion with God.  Drop it, whatever it is, and see that you keep your inner vision clear.

Meditating on this today:

Then David said to the Philistine, "You come to me with a sword and with a spear and with a javelin, but I come to you in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of armies of Israel, whom you have defied.  This day the Lord will deliver you into my hand, and I will strike you down and cut off your head.  Ad I will give the dead bodies of the hospt of the Philistines this day to the birds of the air and to the wild beast of the earth, that all the earth may know that THERE IS A GOD IN ISRAEL, AND THAT ALL THIS ASSEMBLY MAY KNOW THAT THE LORD SAVES NOT WITH SWORD AND SPEAR.   FOR THE BATTLE IS THE LORD'S, AND HE WILL GIVE YOU INTO OUR HAND.


No comments:

Post a Comment